Monday, May 19, 2008

music makes me happy

in college i started out as a double-major in history and music. music has always been a huge part of my life. i took piano from the age of 4 to 17. in middle school, high school, and college, i studied classical vocal music - opera, art song, etc. when i lived in tulsa during college i would frequently go to the opera, the philharmonic, and the ballet with my aunt and uncle. in my 6.5 years of living in san diego, i had yet to go to any of those musical/art experiences...until yesterday. sean laperruque, the violin player in our band at missiongathering, got us tickets to the symphony. i was so excited. there was the music from a ballet inspired by oscar wilde, the Tchaikovsky piano concerto no. 1, and Dvorak's symphony "from the new world." i left the hall with a big grin on my face. it was a wonderful afternoon. music really does make me happy....more on this topic coming soon. ~aroll

No comments: